Tuesday, March 15, 2011


Yesterday my friend Kerry wanted to go snorkeling and invited me along. Now when I come to Hawaii with my husband he's totally not into the adventurous side of the island, especially if it involves being part of the food chain in the Pacific Ocean. Well, I must admit I was a little apprehensive, but I gave in because I am the adventurous type. With a 40 minute bus ride to Northeastern side of the island, we jumped aboard the Pacific Passion with Captain Jay for an afternoon of snorkeling, whale and dolphin watching. First, we dove and watched several different species of fish near the North Shore, then it was off for a dive for some turtle watching. Amazing how these creatures move in the water and their curiosity is wonderful, they come right up to you. No pictures to show of these dives since I used a underwater disposable camera. While watching for whales we did see a mother Alaskan humpback whale and her newborn calf, she was keeping her baby afloat in the water.

1 comment:

Comments are greatly appreciated, thanks for stopping by and stay inky my friends :)