Sunday, September 30, 2012

October SOTM Blog Hop

Hi everyone....so happy you could stopped by to see October 2012 SOTM "Very Merry Christmas". If you are coming here from Maria Meyers Blog you're on the right path.....and if you get lost along the way go to Helen Onulak's Blog for a full list of hoppers. We have an amazing group of 65 Consultant's participating this month! 
Luv, luv, luv this stamp set....you can do so much with it.  I decided to do a holiday card and tag holder.
 
First I found this amazing jewelry holder at TJ Max....on clearance for $2....well it was broken in two places so I asked if I could have it for 50 cents and they said yes!
I covered the tray with Pear & Partridge Paper and mod podge along with some canvas striped tape until it was good and sturdy.

This kit comes with 5 greeting cards, 20 gift tags, 10 mini-gift cards and 3 candies wrapped and stamped.


Both tags are made in an alternating color scheme (red & green).

 
The box came with this really awesome plate on the front, so my husband carefully removed it for me and I placed it back on the front in the center of the drawer.





Ever made something, and then not totally liked it?  Well, that happens to me a lot.  I originally designed this project as a basic box....then I thought I'd make it a drawer that pulls out wrapping it all up like a Christmas present.....then I decided to make the top clear when the box was placed inside of the drawer.....oh my...how hard is it to fix something once you pretty much have it done?????  Once I decided to cut the top of the drawer away, that's when it all happened...pencil marks, etc, so I had to add a bit of bling to the top.  Bling makes everything ok.

Now "Hop" on over to Krista Hershberger's Blog and see her amazing work!
Thanks for stopping by :) and...stay inking my friends.

22 comments:

  1. Love this box Tamra.. it is sooo darling! What a great gift for someone special to get!!! Or to use and refill for next year! Thanks so much for sharing! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful box and LOVE the idea Tamra!!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a genius, and this is adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my- this is amazing! So gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful as always! I love the detailed paper piecing of the ornament on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the comments. My favorite part of this us the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um this is the most awesome thing I have run across in a while. I love love love it. What a great bargan!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of the most unusual things I've seen, and what a lovely gift idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love all the goodies you have stashed inside!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this idea! It's so different and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!!! Fabulous projects. Love every single element of it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that is just downright clever! Turning clearance stuff in to beautiful projects! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've created such a beautiful collection!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous project! I love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a fabulous project! I always love how you alter items you find on clearance. =) I am still playing with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for all the great comments and support....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated, thanks for stopping by and stay inky my friends :)