Wednesday, March 9, 2011

More for the Money

Inspiration for this project for my Card's Plus club came from my upline Annette Green. Annette held a fundraiser in late February and she created some wonderful large gift tags for the event. Check out her post on January 25, 2011 here. While I helped Annette at the fundraiser, my mind was working. Now, I don't like to copy someone's work, I couldn't resist with this project. I have decided this year to use less and do more and I wanted to show my club gals how to get a bang for their buck and I believe this did it. All products used are CTMH unless specified.

X5812 Creative Basics Wings Collection only $7.95
C1461 Salutation Seals stamp set
B1364 Take Luck stamp set
Z2114 Cocoa Ink Pad
Z2137 Olive Ink Pad
Z2165 Juniper Ink Pad
X5643 Cocoa Cardstock
1245 Olive Cardstock
X5752 Juniper Cardstock

Other craft supplies:

An arrangement of Cricut shapes, a Martha Stewart punch, a 1 1/4 circle punch, a 1 1/2 circle punch, an assortment of ribbon and a candle tin from my local dollar store.



Now, I have 5 gals in my club and with one paper packet each made 1 of each card and matching tag for a grand total of 24 cards and 24 tags (including the sample)

For the card base, I used 12 x 12 cardstock and was able to get 3 cards from each piece of paper, only using a total of 8 pieces. The card base is 4 x 10 folded in half to make a 4 x 5 card. When cutting the cardstock, I first measured and cut at the 10 inch mark, leaving a 2 x 12 inch piece of cardstock.

You guessed right the 2 x 12 cardstock was used to make the tags. The tags measure 2 x 4, so each remaining strip of cardstock made 3 tags, so no need for more cardstock for the tags.

The ribbon you see here comes with the Creative Basics kit and I had just enough to make all these cards and tags, with about 2 inches of ribbon left over.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this class a lot :) Great idea to have a tag match the card :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated, thanks for stopping by and stay inky my friends :)