Wednesday, July 7, 2010


What truly goes into making a card for that someone special. Last night I started making a Birthday card for my dad. I bought this really cute little boy with frogs stamp several months ago just for this occasion. I like to use watercolor paper when I stamp images to be colored with markers, water color or paint. I'm using Copic, CTMH and SU markers for this project. My favorite maker is the Copic blender, this does wonders for shading and if you go out of the lines a bit. This is the first draft. yes, I make the first one for practice until I'm happy, then I color the other two images that I have stamped. Then when you are done you have 2 extra cards for later.

When I was working, I didn't really like the way the little boy's vest looked, so I went through my scrap paper and found a piece from CTHM Cherry-O paper and paper pieced the vest. What a difference a piece of paper makes. So, then I rummaged through my ribbon collection, all 3 bins and found this fuzzy ribbon to use on the cattails. Definitely still have a lot of work to do on this before I can start the actual card, I better hurry, dad's birthday is in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated, thanks for stopping by and stay inky my friends :)