Thursday, July 8, 2010




This afternoon when I went home for lunch, I checked on my little butterfly cocoons, no change today. Then something told me to turn around and when I did, there it was, a beautiful baby butterfly that had just come out of its cocoon and was still drying it's wings. Poor thing, I spooked him while trying to get a better picture and off he flew, well, if a butterfly could stumble that was what he was really doing. I then found his empty cocoon and to my surprise, at least 15 more in different stages in my cypress trees. This one is just about ready for freedom, hopefully when I get home tonight I can catch one coming out. I just can't believe how bright these cocoons are in the early stages.

1 comment:

Comments are greatly appreciated, thanks for stopping by and stay inky my friends :)