Monday, July 12, 2010


Bright and early 6:30 on Saturday morning, still in my pajamas I'm outside taking pictures of my butterflies. This one is ready and should be coming out in a few hours. See how transparent the cocoons get, you can see the wing patterns through the outer shell. Went to Target and Walmart for my weekly shopping and when I got home in about and hour and a half, he was gone. I searched everywhere for this guy and found him laying on the rocks in my garden. This little guy must of been really shocked, he actually stayed in the rocks for 5 hours before he took his first flight. This guys cousin was born shortly after, still can't catch this in action, but I have about 10 more cocoons to to keep an eye on.





1 comment:

  1. I hadnt realised that cocoons were so pretty. I thought they were gray or something ugly!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated, thanks for stopping by and stay inky my friends :)