Tuesday, July 6, 2010



The beauty of the butterfly. Early this spring I decided to make a butterfly garden in my front yard. I planted milkweed, gold mound, lantana, other colorful flowers to attract these beautiful creatures. For the past few months, I've noticed a lot of butterfly action. Just last week there must of been 25 of them floating around my yard. Over the weekend while doing my routine yard work, I noticed that my milkweed plants were being eaten alive and found a ton of caterpillars all over the place. Through more investigating I found 3 monarch butterfly cocoons. These cocoons are a bright neon green with neon yellow dots throughout.
My goal is to take pictures everyday for the next 2 weeks and make a butterfly mini scrapbook of their metamorphoses. I'll keep you posted as the changes come around. Hope I catch one coming out of the cocoon. That would be too cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated, thanks for stopping by and stay inky my friends :)