Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Kimber is Home

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts....Kimber is home and recovering....a wee bit out of it but okay for now.  When I arrived at the vet I was amazed to find these rock/pebble like things laying on the counter, that's what was in my baby girl.  The vet said her bladder is the size of a walnut and when they opened it up all the stones began falling out, the entire bladder was full of these stones.  Samples were sent off and the results will be back in about 2-3 weeks.  This may be weird but the vet actually gave me some (about a fifth) of the stones to bring home to show my husband.....so I'll share them with you too.....
During recovery Kimber will be hand fed and given small amounts of water through a syringe and will remain in her crate except at night where she will sleep with me with the cone of shame on her head to protect her stitches.
 
 Her sister Reese sits patiently next to the crate protecting her.
She's so tired, I luv her so!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Poor baby...so glad she is at home with her mommy now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers, look at those stones! Glad to hear she's on the mend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated, thanks for stopping by and stay inky my friends :)