Thursday, January 17, 2013

Chalkboard Technique

I've been scoping out a bunch of chalkboard cards lately and I have fallen head over heels with this idea.  So I've put my own spin on this idea. 

 
 First, I picked this beautiful black on black printed paper from CTMH....did I say CTMH....yes this is just one of the new prints from the Spring/Summer Idea Book to debut February 1st.  This is going to be for always my favorite new paper packet.  Next, I had to find that perfect stamp set to create the perfect chalk image.  The rose picked here is from the Flirty WOTG stamp set "Seasons and Nature" G1515.  Get yours here today because it will be retired on February 1st.
 Let's get started....stamp the rose with White Daisy pigment ink and emboss with clear embossing powder.  Next, stamp the rose on a sticky note, cut and place over the embossed rose, otherwise known as masking.  Now you're ready to add the stems and leaves.  It's such a sweet life stamping and scrapping in my room.  Stamp the stems and leaves again using White Daisy pigment ink and emboss with clear embossing powder.
Can you see the color difference in the rose?  This is the amazing accident that happened while creating this card.  First, pigment ink is a wet ink that almost always goes on uneven when stamping, when I embossed the rose, I actually burnt it by heating it too long, but look what happened......the burnt edge came out a dessert sand color, then the middle of the flower is more white like the ink and parts of the rose that was stamped on a darker part of the black on black paper came out with a blueish tint...WAY COOL!!!!  I luv accidents :)
  
Before you run off to clean that stamp, add another bunch of stems and branches in the top corner of your card, then add some bling.  This card is super easy, with a card base and two pieces of coordinating paper, a sentiment (D1476 Card Chatter-Sympathy) and bling (Z1754 Black and Grey Sparkles) and you're done.
 Oh, don't forget the inside of the card....all that wonderful work needs to flow to the inside of the card too.
Thanks for stopping by and for checking out a few of the sneak peaks as promised.
Have a great evening and stay inky my friends :)

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love seeing what others create with CTMH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card.. love your happy accident... it turned out awesome! Thanks for sharing so we can overheat to on that paper to get that effect! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was even prettier in person. Good to see you today at the meeting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated, thanks for stopping by and stay inky my friends :)