Monday, February 7, 2011

One More Valentine

Valentine themed Cards Plus Club.....I was so excited about this month's class, I'm so surprised I could keep it in and a secret until class yesterday. My stamping gal pals got a special treat at class, I created this amazingly fun Valentine photo box for my Husband to celebrate our 6th year wedding anniversary....and decided to make this the project for my club gals. What a project indeed. Now, this is definitely a project you would do for a workshop, but I had the need to share.....

Now, there is a lot of stamping, so my recipe will be for the measurements to make a basic kit and you can decorate it your own way. To make it easier at class I made a stamped and color guide for everyone. I believe I used at least 25 stamped images......WOW.

What you will need:

  • Ruler and score pal
  • Bone folder
  • Card stock
  • Assortment of Valentine themed stamps
  • Craft or X-Acto knife
  • Cutting surface
  • Pencil
  • Scissors
  • White glue

For the photo box lid and base you will need a 6.25 x 6.25 piece of card stock. I used CTMH Tulip card stock. Score at .5 and 1 inch. Cut away each corner and one scored section .5 inch pieces to each side of the corner. Then cut a slit at each one inch scored piece up to the next one inch scored piece, fold and glue to make a box lid. I only hope that makes sense....

Then, cut a strip of paper that is 4 inches wide by 12 inches long. You will need three pieces this size. To make the accordion-style pages, score each strip piece at 4 inches and then work from one end to the other, alternating folding back and forth every 4 inches. You should have 9 pages. Now overlap the ends of 2 pieces to the center piece and glue together to make one long accordion strip. This will be used later to glue into the top and bottom of the box.

Here are pages 1, 2 and 3.

Here are pages 4, 5 and 6.

Decorate each pages as you wish and then adhere pages to box lid and base.

Here are close ups of the pages......

Pages 1 and 2....

Pages 3 and 4.....and

Pages 5 and 6. Once decorated you can then decorate the cover and base. First start with the base. I used a 4 x4 piece of Sweetheart B&T paper adhering the ribbon to tie the box together behind the 4x4 piece of paper on the base, then I decorated the cover, when finished your ready to tie it off and give it away, if you can part with it.

We also made the Valentine Tag I posted on my February 1 post for the SOTM Blog Hop. Check it out, what a neat way to use a stamp set to create your own background paper.

Then, I needed one more project and it needed to be a quick idea, so I went blog searching and found this wonderful Hershey Kiss treat holder.

To make this project cut a piece of card stock 4 inches by 5 3/4 inches. On 4” side, score at 1/2”, then at 1 3/4”, and then at 2 3/4”. Glue the kisses to the one inch section. Then adhere the 1 1/4” flap to the 1/2” flap and embellish as desired. This project holds 6 kisses.

Check out Shannon Murdock's Blog and see her amazing work and her treat holder idea.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

1 comment:

Comments are greatly appreciated, thanks for stopping by and stay inky my friends :)