Wednesday, September 22, 2010


Creativity comes in many forms and lately, I have been torn in several different directions. It all started with me wanting a new front door. Since I bought my house I have wanted one, the door on my house was the original door from construction and was oxidizing and getting harder and harder to work with and look at. I also wanted a new screened porch with bronze aluminum. In the past five years I have replaced everything in my home from the kitchen sink to the roof, but had done nothing with the front porch or back porch. So, a few weeks ago we were at Lowe's and I strolled over to the door section and being the spontaneous person that I am, I bought a new door. Well, if you know my husband the wheels were turning in his head, he wanted a security door of wrought iron in front of our door, but the security door didn't match the iron work in the door, so here we go. The next day, I called my friend Tony who is a artist with metal and asked if he could design a front screen enclosure out of wrought iron to match my new front door. Now, no artist is going to turn down a custom job and he was at my office in about an hour going over his ideas. Three weeks later, I have the most amazing front porch and new front door.

We are still working on the staining of the door, but just
look at this amazing job Tony did. I literally cried when I saw it.

1 comment:

  1. love, love the door and porch. A perfect way to enter into your home :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated, thanks for stopping by and stay inky my friends :)