Wednesday, September 22, 2010



Can't you just see the fear in my little girl's eyes? Poor thing, she had just got home from the vet's office, she was spayed on this day and I felt so bad for her. Her sisters keep coming up to her to check her out and she just cries and cries. Kimber is definitely the whinny one. If you look close you can see her sister Reese laying next to the crate peeking in at her. Resse never left her side the entire afternoon and she even laid next to her all night long. Dachshunds are very loyal to their owners, and evidently even their own. The vet said Kimber has a very low tolerance to pain, so he gave me enough pain medicine to knock her out for 6 days. Well, let me tell you, the next morning she was running all through the house, jumping off the furniture and playing with her sisters. She was so out of control, I though I'd need some puppy Valium. Her are my girls playing tog of war with a chewy. Too cute.... For the next 7 days Kimber was by my side constantly, on the couch, in bed,and at work. I was so worried she would rip out her stitches I didn't let her out of my sight for a minute. No cone for my girl, just good old fashion mommy love and attention. Her stitches come out this Friday, and I'm sure she is going to put up a fit with the vet. Maybe we'll stop for ice cream on the way home, its her favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated, thanks for stopping by and stay inky my friends :)